Has anyone stopped to think about what Black Lives Matter stands for as an organization? They claim to want to fight racial injustice and came about after deciding that police were killing too many black people. But they truly have done nothing except scream, riot, and demand. They are selective also. A Black police officer was killed in Florida on Friday by a Black man, where is the outrage? It doesn’t suit them so they don’t bother. Here is what they did accomplish over the weekend though, a list of demands from a Louisville, KY group leader Chanelle Helm.
Her demand list is comprised of 10 items and quite simple in its goal, money.
She is fairly blatant about that and seems to honestly believe that money will fix any racial problems. Look at some of her hashtags and it is clear, #RunUsOurLand #Reparations #YouGonLearnToday #RunUsOurMoney. She even includes her information at the end of the article so you know where you can send your money to.
If people don’t want to contribute directly to her then she gives several other suggestions of where to donate including:
Louisville Community Bail Fund
Rhythm Science Sound: teaching music-making to immigrant and refugee children
Diversity at The Table: black-queer-femme-organized discussion space for black LGBTQ+ topics
They know not what they do: beat us, shoot us, kill us…only American citizens they've bombed! What a threat it is to be black in America!
— Chanelle Helm (@ChanelleHelm) October 15, 2014
Interesting choices to be sure. Her article ran in an online publication called Leo Weekly and it was entitled, “White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader.” This is a common tactic by BLM members, the implication or outright statement that only White people are racist. Anyone paying attention knows how absolutely false that is. Helm makes a blatant call for violence as well, see demand number nine.
Her list is reprinted here without any comments or changes. Honestly, none are needed to point out the complete ridiculousness of the document. However, this author did redact the vulgarity.
- White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.
- White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.
- If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.
- White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
- White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
- White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.
- White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the f**k they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
- Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ d**k-white men will all be returning to work. Get they a** fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.
- OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.
- Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.